Monday 5 January 2015

Explorations

I got up this morning and, after doing some QT, I rolled around in my bed for a bit pondering how I'll spend my day... and started looking through my bookshelf for some inspiration.

Urbana... should better be titled as the expensive event during which you spend more money purchasing a buttload of books that exist for the sole purpose od gathering dust on your shelf. Not really. .. because both urbanas I attended were actually two of the most enriching weeks of my life. But the book haul part... is 100%... and unfortunately, very true.

Anyway, I came across a book with cheesy font across the front and a cheesy image to go with it entitled: "Called to Care: A Christian Worldview for Nursing".

As I started flipping through the book, I realized... hey. My 4 year nursing degree is the most useful and functional resource I have currently. Why not start there? God didnt lead me through those 4 years for no reason, right?

That's my first tiny little baby step  - exploring what it means to use this profession. Maybe something will stick out! So far.. it doesn't look promising, but one can only hope for the best :)

No comments:

Post a Comment